In celebration of Goya’s 75th anniversary, a spokesperson says Goya has partnered with United Way to promote healthy eating in an effort to stop hunger. Aside from donating 75-thousand pounds of food to Long Island organizations that fight hunger, during this time, consumers are encouraged to share their family’s recipes as well as try some of Goya’s favorites.
- 2 tbsp. Goya Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Goya Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Goya Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Goya Oregano Leaf
- 1 packet Sazon Goya Natural and Complete
- 2 tbsp. Goya Golden Cooking Wine
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. each) Goya Low-Sodium Black Beans, undrained
- 2 Goya Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Goya White Distilled Vinegar
- Goya Adobo with Pepper to taste
- 2 CANILLA Extra Long Grain Rice, cooked according to package directions
- Finely Chopped white onions
- Fresh Cilantro leaves (optional)
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add cumin, garlic, oregano and sazon to pot. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine; bring to a boil. Add 1 cup water, beans, bay leaves, brown sugar and vinegar; bring bean mixture to a boil. Reduce to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and ingredients come together, about 15 mintues.
- Season soup with adobo; discard bay leaf
- Divide soup evenly among serving bowls. Garnish with onions and cilantro, if desired. Serve with rice.
- 2 lb. Sliced thighs seasoned with:
- 2 tbsp. Goya Adobo with Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Goya Garlic chopped
- ½ tbsp. ginger
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup Goya Corn Oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup green pimiento chopped
- 1 cup Goya Morron Pimiento
- 2 tbsp. Goya Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp. Goya tomato paste
- 1 cup Goya pineapple jam
- 1 cup Goya white wine
- 2 cups Goya Pineapple in cubes
- ¼ chopped nuts
- Mix chicken and seasoning. Refriderate at least 1 hour.
- Saute chicken with oil and dry excess oil with a towl. Saute all thighs.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and sauté onions, pimientos and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, season to taste and cook 5 more minutes. Add the chicken and simmer 5 minutes. Serve with white rice.
Recipes Courtesy of Goya
Jodi Goldberg, LI News Tonight